Open Config Disc creator

Se ha publicado la primera versión (descarga directa desde rapidshare) de este disco de configuración, como alternativa al del Wiikey, para utilizarlo con los chips libres.

Según indican en psx-scene.com, mejora al disco del Wiikey al no forzar correr a 60hz en las consolas PAL.

Éste es el fichero readme incluido:

Open Config Disc creator 1.0 escribió:open config disc 1.0
--------------------

The free alternative for the free modchips.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/yaosm/

Features
--------
- GCOS that can be used to boot Gamecube imports
- Official configuration program for yaosm (with sources)
- Unofficial configuration program for WiiFree (with sources)
- Unofficial configuration program for OpenWii (with sources)
- Recompiled version of mfe-bo18.dol that supports larger than 1.4Gb discs. (Idea from WiiKey config 1.2 disc)
- Recompiled version of snes9x 1.43 GX 0.5 that supports larger than 1.4Gb discs. (Taken from the WiiKey config 1.2 disc)
- DVDtoSD version 0.1.1 by emu_kidid. (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=48631)
- SDLoad by Costis

Instructions
------------
1. Copy any media files that you want to include into the dvd_root\Media folder.
2. Copy any SNES roms that you want to include into the dvd_root\Roms folder.
3. Doubleclick the create_disc_???.cmd that matches your region.
4. Burn the newly created ISO file to an empty DVD.
5. You'll figure out the rest.

Changes
-------
- Initial release.

Credits
-------
emu_kidid
For the excellent GCOS and the DVDtoSD dump tool.

Costis
For SDLoad

Isobel
For MFE

WiiKey team
For the patched snes9x and the patched gcn-di.c that made it easier for me to figure out how to do it myself.

Questions & Answers
-------------------
Q: What is MFE?
A: MFE or actually MFE-distro is a linuxdistribution for Gamecube with the sole purpose of letting you play media
files on it. The original release can't read anything stored beyond the 1.4Gb limit of the 8cm Gamecube discs.
The WiiKey team changed this by patching the source and compiling their own version of it. Sadly enough they
packaged MFE with their configuration utility so that it couldn't be used without using their config 1.2 disc.
Inspired by their work I did my own recompile of mfe-bo18.dol which also allows for larger discs than 1.4Gb.

You'll find more information about the MFE-distro here: http://www.gc-linux.org/wiki/Mfe-distro

Q: What's SDLoad?
A: SDLoad is an application that allows you to load Gamecube homebrew from an SD card in the Gamecube memory slot.

Q: DVDtoSD, what does it do?
A: DVDtoSD is an application written by emu_kidid that allows you to dump Wii and Gamecube originals to an SD card
in the gamecube memory slot.

You'll find more information about it here: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=48631

Q: So with this disc I can also configure my yaosm/WiiFree/OpenWii chip?
A: Actually I've only tried the yaosm configuration tool. But based on the code for WiiFree and OpenWii I've written
unofficial configurations tools (with source included) for them. They should work but they are untested so please
let me know if it doesn't work.

Q: Does MFE support Dual Layer discs?
A: I did set the max number of sector limit in MFE to the number of sectors of a DVD+DL but it's completely untested.
It's likely that it will not boot on a Dual Layer disc unless the modchip supports it, but once MFE is running I
can't see why it would not work to unmount the disc and mount a dual layer disc.

Q: How do I swap discs in with MFE running?
A: Hold the right trigger to unmount the disc. Swap discs. Hold right trigger again to mount the new disc.

Q: Now, why should I use this instead of the WiiKey config 1.2 disc?
A: If you are a PAL user, the WiiKey disc will still run MFE in 60Hz. While this disc will run GCOS in 60Hz it will
switch to 50Hz when you start MFE (for PAL users, NTSC users will of course get 60Hz in MFE).

Q: I'm a PAL user but I prefer running MFE in 60Hz, what can I do about it?
A: Just copy the mfe-bo18-wii-NTSC.dol from data\mfe to dvd_root\Apps before you create the ISO.

Q: I just want MFE, not GCOS and all the other stuff that I'm forced to put on the same disc, what can I do about it?
A: Go here: http://psx-scene.com/forums/yaosm/57035-mfe-bootable-disc-creator-1-0-a.html
Esto les demostrará a muchos fans de wiikey que la supuesta actualización 1.2 curradísima por el wiikey team del mismo no es nada que no pueda hacer el mundillo open source :D
Yo tengo el WiiKey y nunca he dicho que el disco 1.2 sea una actualización, siempre he dicho que es un disco de configuración... en fin, me alegro también de que salgan estas cosas, aunque ya sabía que ese disco lo podía hacer quien quisiera... todo es tener tiempo y ponerse. Buen trabajo por su parte.

Saludos.
Buenas tardes.

¿Os acordais todos que yo abrí un hilo diciendo que el CD del WiiKey servia para configurar el Wiinja?, ¿os acordais que cierta persona registarada en este foro y a proposito, mienbro del Wiinja Team hizo lo imposible para cerrarme el hilo diciendo que eso era mentira?

Pues mirad, despues de algo de tiempo ha reaparecido cierto temita por estos lares, ahora que venga ese personaje de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme.... y que empiece a meterse con la peña.

Saludos !!!
perdonad, exactamente esto para que sirve y para que chips??
gracias
Neopiro escribió:perdonad, exactamente esto para que sirve y para que chips??
gracias

+1
Neopiro escribió:perdonad, exactamente esto para que sirve y para que chips??
gracias
Hola,

Digamos que es un disco de propósito general que incluye todo lo que pone en Features (mira arriba) y sirve para chips libres (como yaosm, WiiFree u OpenWii - no sé el resto, pero para estos trae configuradores).

Puede utilizarse como disco para probar la consola tras instalar el Chip.
También sirve para los comerciales, incluido el wiikey ya que si os fijáis sale en los créditos...

Saludos.
luismir escribió:Buenas tardes.

¿Os acordais todos que yo abrí un hilo diciendo que el CD del WiiKey servia para configurar el Wiinja?, ¿os acordais que cierta persona registarada en este foro y a proposito, mienbro del Wiinja Team hizo lo imposible para cerrarme el hilo diciendo que eso era mentira?

Pues mirad, despues de algo de tiempo ha reaparecido cierto temita por estos lares, ahora que venga ese personaje de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme.... y que empiece a meterse con la peña.

Saludos !!!

Creo que todos sabemos a quien te refieres... sigo dando las gracias al foro de gamecube y darme cuenta de que ha pasado siempre con el ninja (ahora wiinja), y no haberme comprado ninguno de sus productos (y eso que estuve tentado al primer wiinja, pero preferi esperar)
8 respuestas