The Eldritch Monarch - Nuevo juego para Sega Mega Drive

Hola, se comentó en novedades scene retro, pero quizás merezca un hilo propio. Este juego sería una mezcla entre Flashback y Prince of Persia, que los autores presentan como:

Explore our Lovecraftian adventure game for Megadrive/Genesis & Win, inspired by 90s cinematic platformers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eldrichmonarch/the-eldritch-monarch-horror-platformer-for-sega-mega-drive/description

Explicación del juego en Spoiler:

Overview

"The Eldritch Monarch" is a single-player adventure game designed for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis and modern systems. Step into a Lovecraftian world shrouded in eternal winter. "The Eldritch Monarch" is a cinematic platformer enriched with stealth, combat, and intricate puzzles, providing both a nostalgic and modern gaming experience.

Fun fact: The entire trailer above, including the music, runs on the Mega Drive, with the exception of the opening scene.
Gameplay

At its core, "The Eldritch Monarch" is a cinematic platformer, invoking the spirit of classics like "Prince of Persia," "Flashback," and "Another World."This movement scheme requires precision timing and strategic movement.

Combat: Engage in battles that demand precision and tactical planning. True to the genre's roots, combat is a dance of parrying, seizing openings, and strategically outmaneuvering opponents to gain the upper hand.

Stealth: A light gem indicator at the top of the screen helps you know when you are hidden in the shadows or exposed under the light. The game features a simple AI system that further enhances the stealth experience.

Puzzles: We go beyond conventional box-pushing and lever-pulling. Puzzles in "The Eldritch Monarch" are thoughtfully interwoven with the narrative, encouraging players to engage deeply with the story.

"The Eldritch Monarch" employs the compelling gameplay approach characteristic of what Tom Francis called 'information games', and what the bemused might call 'metroidbrainia'. Players explore and accumulate crucial knowledge, which persists only in their memory or notes since the game does not feature a save system. This dynamic encourages a deep exploratory experience, with each playthrough potentially unveiling new paths and deeper layers of the game world based on the accumulated understanding.

While the game will require many hours to master due to its complexity and breadth, the map's interconnected and compact design ensures that players never feel a significant loss of progress between sessions. Once players fully understand the game's world, they can efficiently navigate to the ending in about 20 minutes from a fresh start, showcasing the power and importance of the knowledge they have gained.

Tienen edición enviada desde Francia, para los compradores europeos.
@EPSYLON EAGLE hoy en una actualización han comentado:

Demo Development
On the development front, there’s exciting news too! Diego is currently polishing a new demo. The previous version was quite different from how the game has evolved, so it seemed best not to include it in the Kickstarter. He's focusing on this new demo for two main reasons: firstly, there's an upcoming event, Rio Retro Gamer on June 23rd, which presents a fantastic opportunity to showcase the game and engage with more of you in person.
Se parece mucho a Flashback.
A mí me ha recordado mucho al juego de Jurassic Park, cae fijo
Es heredero claro de clásicos como Prince of Persia, Another World, Flashback, Blackthorn, Nosferatu... A mí de éste me gusta la temática, entre ciencia ficción y terror, imagino que metiendo cosas de cosecha propia más "modernas", por ejemplo, en el vídeo se ve como hay secciones con muertes en plan sigilo. Los gráficos tienen un punto de originalidad, aunque falta pulir, pero mola el toque minimalista.
Lo que creo que deberían haber hecho es avanzar el proyecto un poco más y sacarlo mas pulido para el kickstarter, porque no hay ni demo jugable (parece que está en camino) y se estima una espera de mínimo 2 años para completar el juego. En mi caso no tengo prisa porque me mola bastante lo que veo, feeling muy de la época y ya era hora de salir de los géneros más típicos. A ver si hay suerte y sale adelante.
Pues a mí no me convence nada. Hay una fina línea entre "juego inspirado en" o "juego estilo X" y ser una copia literal de otro título como los que se citan. Y este lo que veo es eso, una copia. No aporta nada en absoluto.

Un saludo!
Falkiño escribió:Pues a mí no me convence nada. Hay una fina línea entre "juego inspirado en" o "juego estilo X" y ser una copia literal de otro título como los que se citan. Y este lo que veo es eso, una copia. No aporta nada en absoluto.

Un saludo!

Venía a decir esto y me voy. Copia descarada, no con mi dinero.
Yo prefiero ésto antes que el enésimo metroidvania, RPG, o clon de Ghouls' n Ghosts... No creo que el juego venga a inventar la rueda, pero copiar un estilo de juego que en sí mismo ya es un poco nicho, no me parece para tanto. También se cansa uno de tanto shooter y beat'm up...
10 respuestas