[HO] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Asias gente! Ya tengo guardado todo lo de esa carpeta. Así que desinstalaré, no juagré más ya... lo único q me quedaba era subir algún job/craft, y total para q no se guarde...

Weno a ver si algún día me animo y pongo fotos que tengo vosotros, de recuerdo ^^.
Only players with service accounts that have a listed “End Date” of September 30 (Sunday), 2012 or later (including free periods) are eligible to log in.

Vamos, que solo pueden entrar los que tenían suscripción hasta hace nada, no?
xecollons escribió:
Only players with service accounts that have a listed “End Date” of September 30 (Sunday), 2012 or later (including free periods) are eligible to log in.

Vamos, que solo pueden entrar los que tenían suscripción hasta hace nada, no?

Por el momento si, habrá que ver cuando vean el nº de players que entran si abren para todos o no (sin tener que pagar ahora mismo es raro que capen a gente) Terminarán abriendo para todos o cerrando servers supongo
La cosa es que se juega, pero nada de lo que se haga sirve ya para la 2.0 ¿no? Vamos que si me compro un arma o subo un craft, puedo ir olvidándome de que lo transfieran a la 2.0...
Adel escribió:La cosa es que se juega, pero nada de lo que se haga sirve ya para la 2.0 ¿no? Vamos que si me compro un arma o subo un craft, puedo ir olvidándome de que lo transfieran a la 2.0...

Claro, desde el día 1 que hicieron el último save y lo dijeron a bombo y platillo que no sirve nada de lo hagas a partir de ese save...
Delhora escribió:
Adel escribió:La cosa es que se juega, pero nada de lo que se haga sirve ya para la 2.0 ¿no? Vamos que si me compro un arma o subo un craft, puedo ir olvidándome de que lo transfieran a la 2.0...

Claro, desde el día 1 que hicieron el último save y lo dijeron a bombo y platillo que no sirve nada de lo hagas a partir de ese save...

OOkis. Almenos podre bichear un poco con las AF que encuentras examinando la cama. Ya tengo dos, entro, examino la cama, me dan una, me vuelvo a acostar, pasan 30 minutos, vuelvo a entrar, pillo otra...
Hay fechas oficiales para este juego? me llama muchisimo la atencion por los videos que he visto..

Segun parece la historia tiene tela, es aconsejable verla? o cambia todo de una version a otra? y esto lleva a otra pregunta XD lo que van a sacar es una expansion? o es un juego nuevo practicamente??

He estado mirando algun gameplay de la gamescom del 2012 y ya digo que graficamente, movimientos y viendo lo de la primera pagina de clases y razas.. es bastante bastante interesante.
entrevista a Yoshi-P en Famitsu... ojo al dato, release summer 2013

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/33758-tr ... lm-reborn/

On November 11, 2012, Final Fantasy 14 officially shuffled off this mortal coil after over two years of service. The "Grand Finale" event was apparently epic, featuring the descent of the dragon Bahamut, the presumed destruction of the world, and the white-haired Louisoix hurriedly transporting players to parts unknown for safety.

"To be honest, I'm relieved," said FF14 producer/director Naoki Yoshida in this week's Famitsu magazine. "I took on the old FF14 midway and just tried to do the best we could what what we had at hand. There were always conflicts between ideals and reality, but I feel that we've still managed to reach the conclusion that we were aiming for. It feels like we've finally piloted a large ship back to the dock."

FF14, of course, launched in September 2010, only to be universally slammed as buggy, incomplete, and overall unplayable. Two months later, producer Hiromichi Tanaka resigned, Yoshida took his place, and Square Enix posted an official apologize for the sorry state of affairs on its website.

If gamers were angry, things were decidedly worse behind studio walls. "Right after the service launched, in early October of 2010," Yoshida recalled, "I give this word of advice: 'This is never going to work unless we put our entire company's resources into this and revamp it. We're treating MMORPGs too lightly, and it's crazy to think we can just leave things as is for gamers.' We went into full launch mode after giving only the vaguest of responses to player feedback during the beta test. Part of me thinks that we should've been a month quicker. If we had pulled the trigger a month earlier, we could have shut the entire system down and go from there, since players wouldn't have had a chance to raise their character levels much anyway. If we had been a month earlier than that, we would have had the option of continuing with beta testing, too."

So how did Tanaka and Square Enix let things get so bad in the first place? "To put it bluntly, I think it can be summed up by saying we were conceited," Yoshida said. "We had server troubles, technical troubles, a lack of international marketing and research, a lack of communication with gamers. There were many problems, but they were all caused by the general idea that 'we're okay, it's the FF brand, we made FF11 work.' That was the feeling not just with the FF14 team, but with Square Enix in general. That's why I said that, before anything else, we had to apologize to gamers, so that's where the official announcement in December came from."

Yoshida called the idea of shutting things down by the time he was appointed director "unthinkable as a choice for me," but the alternatives he and his team faced weren't much more palatable. His ultimate decision: Keep upgrading the current FF14, but put their full efforts into FF14: A Realm Reborn, essentially a full reboot of the game.

"First," Yoshida explained, "there was the value of FF in my mind, especially an officially-numbered FF title. Second, there were the latest trends in MMORPGs. I thought that we needed a title in our line that put these two concepts together. In order to do that, we needed to discuss features to add to the old FF14, then take the time to decide whether it was feasible to implement them. We'd do research for eight or nine hours a day, then have a report meeting at night. After exploring all the possibilities, we came to the conclusion that it'd be faster to just start over. It's something backed up by solid research; it's not at all a spur-of-the-moment decision."

This couldn't have been easy. It also couldn't have been cheap. "We lost all that customer trust with the seeds we had sown ourselves," responded Yoshida, "and my take was that this was the cost of making up for that. You can't get trust back overnight, and it's not something you can buy back, either. You can only become friends again by showing that you've changed and sustaining that change. To get people to see that we're sincere, in a way, no price is too steep. So for that, the company basically said 'Go all the way you can with that' and to some extent the decision-making went pretty smoothly."

So FF14: A Realm Reborn is in alpha testing right now, and assuming Yoshida is telling the truth, it could be that his two years of nearly thankless effort may have been worth it. "We're seeing it work out better than I imagined," he said. "What's making me the happiest is that a lot of the tester feedback we're getting is along the lines of 'I really didn't expect this from an alpha test' and 'Why don't you just make this a beta?' and so on. This is a title that's got a negative image right at the starting line, so we tried to show off exactly how much of it is complete; we placed the quality bar really high for an alpha."

A Realm Reborn is due out next summer worldwide, and if it's a success, then Naoki Yoshida will have engineered one of the most astonishing turnarounds in video-game history. "This may make me a failure as a businessman," he admitted, "but to be honest, sales are secondary to me. My drive here is to regain the trust gamers had for us. I have confidence [we'll succeed], or else I wouldn't have taken on this project in the first place."
Caixerch escribió:entrevista a Yoshi-P en Famitsu... ojo al dato, release summer 2013

Entonces ya está "confirmado" de forma oficial en verano... bueno, al menos me alegro de haber reactivado mi cuenta del XI ^^;
Y cuando dije que me lo esperaba a finales de primavera todavía os parecía mucho [+risas]
Y conociendo a esta gente debemos irnos al final de lo que dicen (y rezar), es decir, a finales de agosto con suerte.

Que espera mas larga...
shourisha escribió:Entonces ya está "confirmado" de forma oficial en verano... bueno, al menos me alegro de haber reactivado mi cuenta del XI ^^;

yo no lo daría por confirmado pero por ahí andará.

Zaguer escribió:Y conociendo a esta gente debemos irnos al final de lo que dicen (y rezar), es decir, a finales de agosto con suerte.

Que espera mas larga...

siempre nos quedara la Alpha/beta para amenizar...
De todas formas hay algo que nunca cambia... tienen una fuente principal de información que es la página web del juego y también la lodestone, sinembargo dan multitud de entrevistas donde dan datos que después no se facilitan por sus medios oficiales ni tampoco se confirman, y ya no hablar de cuando en unos sitios dicen una cosa y en otros otra.
Dicho esto yo no me fio ya de ninguna entrevista.

Para mi el mayor jaleo es este tema:

¿Qué sabemos de los servers "nuevos"?

Hasta donde yo vi dijeron:
*Nodos en europa y usa para mejorar la conexión
*Nuevos servidores puramente europeos y estadounidenses
*Servidores cambian de nombre
*Servidores cambian de nombre pero migran a los jugadores al servidor correspondiente con su nuevo nombre y además añaden servidores nuevos exclusivos para nuevos
*Cambian los servidores pero no se migra a la población de los antiguos (tendrán que elegir nuevo server) y además añaden servidores nuevos exclusivos para nuevos

Hay cosas que se contradicen y que no tienen ningún sentido así que ni idea de qué es lo que pretenden hacer... lo único que se saca en claro es que habrá servidores exclusivos para nuevos y que mejorarán las conexiones de fuera de japón ya sea por nodos o localizando los servidores.
Tekan escribió:Y cuando dije que me lo esperaba a finales de primavera todavía os parecía mucho [+risas]

Pues yo aún me acuerdo de lo de "a falta de un mes para que salga el juego y no enseñan nada!", que campaba a sus anchas por este hilo en septiembre... :-|
Aku escribió:
Tekan escribió:Y cuando dije que me lo esperaba a finales de primavera todavía os parecía mucho [+risas]

Pues yo aún me acuerdo de lo de "a falta de un mes para que salga el juego y no enseñan nada!", que campaba a sus anchas por este hilo en septiembre... :-|

[+risas] A la vuelta de la esquina está, vamos
bueno la semana que viene si hay suerte empiezan a rular las invitaciones para el alpha [360º]
No sé para qué tanta ansia para luego jugar 1 día y dejarlo 3 meses hasta el siguiente parche.

Ya se sabía que mínimo hasta abril no salía, ahora se han retrasado más y para abril habrá suerte en ver la beta. Pues nada, ya saldrá cuando esté listo. Viendo la alpha se ve que le queda muchísimo por hacer y no creo que sacarlo tan verde sea una opción después de lo que pasó con la primera release.

Lo de los servers... pues de aquí a que salga pueden cambiar de opinión 40 veces. Igual que con ciertos aspectos del juego que están siendo muy criticados en la alpha, para eso se hacen las alphas y las betas, para cambiar cosas y ajustar cosas. Hasta que no esté cerca la release yo no me fiaría mucho de nada de lo que digan.
Esta claro, imagino que todos lo preferimos. Que pulan que pulan, y que el juego salga ya bien.
A mí estas esperas me matan...

De todas formas dijeron q actualizarían la información del proceso hacia la 2.0. Ahí deberían de dar un mes en concreto. Yo hasta que no lo pongan en el oficial, no me fiaría mucho de las entrevistas, ya que además, Yoshi-P no lo dice de su boca, eso lo pone Famitsu. Pero bueno, conociendo a SE, probablemente sea verdad. Eso sí, lo q saquen q lo saquen bien... yo ya no doy más oportunidades la verdad.
Super interesante post de un dev!

Sobre el protagonista y su party:

Greetings all! Grab a cup of Windurstian tea and pull up your chairs, because the lore train has arrived and is mixing metaphors faster than I can put a notch on the torch in my belt.

I’d like to start off by apologizing. Once for taking this long to reply (a perfect storm of Alpha Version translation, having to wait for the End of an Era trailer to be released, and sitting with my thumbs tied behind my back while waiting for the Lorelord to return from his journey deep into vacationland, kept me off the forums longer than I would have liked), and a second time for probably missing some of the questions buried in the 200+ posts found in the thread. Finally, I’ll apologize a third time because some of your questions, I was not given the clearance to answer. However, this doesn’t mean that you’ll never know the truth about these issues. It simply means, the answers are coming in 2.0, and Yoshi-P, the Lorelord, and his faithful minions don’t want to spill the beans before they can be properly planted in the oven.

Okay, but enough with what I didn’t/couldn’t/cannot do. Let’s get to what I can tell you. And I’m going to start at the beginning—the CG trailer for 1.0.

The Midlander male, Miqo’te female, and Elezen male you see in the 1.0 opening are a party simply looking to make some quick gil, so they do what most other parties (at the time of the original release) do—head to their local Adventurers’ Guild for some levequests. The three big questions here are:

1. When is this?
2. Where are they?
3. What on Ear—uh, Hydaelyn happens to the Midlander?

1. The answer to the first is, 1572 (close to Eorzean present day). This is backed by the fact that the three members have been blessed with the Echo (more on this further down). It was revealed in the main scenario that most adventurers with this gift received the power after witnessing a starshower—the same one you do at the game’s onset...which is defined as 1572.

Before I move onto question two, allow me to veer off onto a little tangent: there have been several threads about Hydaelyn’s timeline not matching up with Earth’s. If it has been two years since the release of the game, why is it still 1572 in Eorzea at the time of patch 1.23? This is a dilemma faced by a lot of MMOs. To allow everyone that joins the game, regardless of when they do, to experience the full story, there simply has to be a stoppage of time. Okay, not really a stoppage, but more of a time bubble in which a span of about a year is contained. This is why that for the duration of 1.0, Eorzea was in a perpetual 1572. Think of it as the same thing that’s happening in the Simpsons. 23 seasons gone and Lisa’s still 8, Maggie’s still a baby, and the gummy Venus still tastes oh, so sacrelicious. Pushing time along would also mean changing 1000s of lines of NPC dialogue, updating quests, webpages, etc. with every patch. Meaning it would take more than double the time to release updates, and I’m sure most people wouldn’t want to wait. In a book, movie, offline game, a strict timeline can be set without too many complications. In an online title, there are just too many variables, so we ask that you bear with our bending of space-time. It’s for the greater good!

Now back to business...

2. The answer to the second question is where we encounter our first main hiccup. Many have commented that the setting has to be Ishgard because no other Adventurers’ Guild has its own aetheryte. However, when looking closely at the guildleves that the Midlander brings back from the counter, we can see that the plates have Limsa Lominsa engraved in the frames, which can only mean that it was the thalassocracy that issued them. The reason behind the flub is fairly simple—the Visual Works team that designed the first opening movie began work on it far before the in-game layout of Limsa’s Adventurers’ Guild was finalized. By the time the map team had decided that the aetheryte was going in a separate plaza to help cut down on congestion of the Adventurers’ Guild, the CGI was too far along to change without setting the completion date back, and so they left it as-is. (This also explains the Miqo’te eye discrepancy. Nice catch, by the way!)

3. You guys hit the proverbial nail on its proverbial head in your speculation regarding what happens with the Midlander. As was stated above, all three have the power of the Echo, allowing them to experience the past, interact with it, but ultimately not change the outcome of anything important (the wind created by a battleaxe swing will not start a hurricane in Garlemald). While sifting through guildleves, our well-groomed Midlander is flung back into another person’s memory about a simple job to kill a morbol. The job ultimately takes an unexpected twist that ends in the party witnessing one of the most spectacular battles of the Sixth Astral Era.

So, then we hit out next batch of important questions:

1. Where does the Echo take the Midlander?
2. How far back does it take him?
3. What in the Seven Hells is going on?

Here is the Widow’s Cliff Notes version:

The Midlander journeys back approximately 10 years and appears in a location near Mor Dhona. After helping a party (Lalafell female, Roegadyn male, Elezen female) finish their levequest objectives (slaying the morbol), an imperial juggernaut appears before they can access the aetherial node and collect their reward. The Midlander accidentally gets tossed onto the back of one of these machines, and gets carried up into the sky, where he witnesses the Garleans fight with the dragon Midgardsormr in the Battle of Silvertear Skies. Though the great dragon is able to destroy the Garlean flagship, he perishes in the process, and the seal which he protected (guarding the concentration of aether beneath Silvertear Lake) is broken, allowing the beast tribes access to this energy, which they use to freely summon their primals (as taught to them by the mysterious paragons). The Garleans, having lost their flagship and sensing the presence of something more powerful than their remaining forces can handle, retreat back to Ala Mhigo. Meanwhile, with the fall of the Keeper of the Lake, the aetherial balance in the area gets thrown out of whack, transforming the once lush area into a crystalline wasteland—Silvertear Falls now dried up.

Some have theorized that the Midlander takes over the body of a fourth party member, and witnesses what that person saw. While an interesting theory, this, unfortunately, is not how the Echo works. There may have been a fourth member around earlier, but he was gone by the time the Midlander arrived (probably returned to his home point after getting KO’d and accidentally dropping his bow). It is because the party of three keep watching the battle (from the ground) after defeating the morbol that the Midlander is able to experience it, albeit from a better vantage point. His experience ends when he gets knocked from the juggernaut and hits the ground (because you cannot die in an Echo-induced memory).

So that brings us back to 1572.
The Midlander is obviously intrigued by what he has experienced. Up until now, he’d never partied with anyone who could wield such powerful Blizzard magicks, and he’d sure as hells never partied with anyone who could hop up onto a morbol and whack it across the head. These animations simply do not exist! And so he decides right then and there that he will search out this party of three and add them to his linkshell, so that they may adventure together in the future.

Fast forward to the Battle of Carteneau. Several moons have passed since the Midlander located the party from the past. They have all pledged their allegiance to a Grand Company, learned of the Meteor project from Cid, heard the questionable prophecies of Urianger, collected colored eggs from thieving spriggans, unlocked new jobs in cleverly named quests, slain a trio of aether-hungry primals (okay, two aether-hungry primals and one super-cuddly primal), and bested a maniacal legatus. Along the way, they lose the services of one Elezen male, but this does not detract them from taking up their blades in one final battle to save the realm from Dalamud. They fight valiantly, but not even the prayers of a thousand thousand (that’s one million) souls can contain Bahamut’s rage, and so the Archon, Louisoix, sends the party into a timeless rift, where they wait until the realm is reborn.

So yes, the Midlander male, Miqo’te female, Roegadyn male, Elezen female, and Lalafell female in the recent trailers are in fact the same ones that appeared in the 1.0 trailer! (Yes, the black mage is the Elezen female from the morbol party, not the snooty male from the Midlander’s party. The robe & hat conceal some of her more distinguishing features, and we all know there was no bust size adjustment feature back in 1.0).

But that still leaves one question—was the party an actual party, or were they merely symbols meant to represent you, the players? Well, you can breathe easy knowing they are both. They all ventured into Eorzea at the same time as you did. They all did similar quests, and lived through similar adventures. They exist as your characters exist (in a virtual world-sort of existence). The fact that you haven’t come across them is probably the same reason you haven’t come across my character, Amanda Hugginkyss (or maybe you have? /wink). They’re just somewhere else. Though, maybe you’ll stumble across their party in the future. Or maybe you won’t. How’s that for committing to an answer?

Otras preguntas sobre el lore:

Okay, so for the most part, you guys had pretty much figured out what was going on through discussion. However, like a salmon laying all her eggs in one basket, the thread spawned a roe-bust cornucopia of new queries (okay, I’ll stop now...really).

I’ll try to field some of the major ones:

1. The beast tribes have their primals, so what about the 5 races? Do they have their own? Is it Siren? It’s Siren, right? It doesn’t matter if you tell me it’s not Siren, I know it’s Siren. (Please tell me it’s Siren...)

This is a touchy subject. I can tell you that you’ve done a remarkable job of picking up a lot of the subtle hints that were dropped in the 1.0 story (the Ifrit diatribe being an excellent example), but the story was served to you incomplete (in addition to being served over a period of two years), and so you’ve been left to fill in the blanks yourselves. This has lead to a lot of unnecessary confusion, and fixing this for ARR has been one of the main things that Yoshi-P has been preaching to the new quest team. In other words, release more info, with fewer gaps in-between, so that players can better follow the story. So what we’ll see happen in ARR is an influx of quests that try to paint a better picture of what was going on in 1.0. That means, for info regarding this ‘another’ of which Ifrit speaks and the ‘paragons’ who supposedly taught the beast tribes how to summon the primals, you’ll have to wait until ARR begins.

What I have been allowed to say is, the Sanguine Sirens are different from the sirens which are mentioned in the blacksmith/armorer class quests, and both are different from Siren of Final Fantasies past (who has not been mentioned in-game). And then there's the provisional artwork that was recently released...

So wait, does this mean there is no Siren primal? Well, that remains to be seen.

2. Is that Leviathan in Limsa Lominsa’s opening?

No, that is not Leviathan. It’s a sea serpent. This is explained (somewhat convolutedly) in the Limsa Lominsa storyline. The sahagins do still worship Leviathan, and he being their primal, it is only a matter of time before the fishbacks summon him to wreak some havoc on the thalassocracy.

But! But! In It Kills with Fire it is mentioned that the Company of Heroes slew Leviathan! Yes, the CoH did slay him, and have been doing primal raids ever since they started appearing. But as you all found out fighting Ifrit and Garuda, defeating a primal doesn’t mean the primal is dead. You’ve only caused the beast tribes to waste some of their precious crystal supplies in summoning the primal again.

3. What are the Ascians and what do they represent?

ARR will feature more on these guys, so for now you’ll have to be content with knowing there’s more to know... Anonymoose made a good point in bringing up that Ascian means ‘shadowless’. Perhaps you might find something interesting if you go back through the 1.0 cutscenes and look for people without shadows...

4. Do the Twelve exist? Are the Archons from the Circle of Knowing actually the Twelve? Are the primals and the Twelve one in the same (er, twelve in the same)?

More info on the gods of Eorzea and how both the Twelve and the primal fit into the whole celestial scheme of things will be revealed in ARR, but even then things will remain hazy. I mean, it’s religion. It’s hazy by design. In one age, a guy who single-handedly kills a microchu to save a girl is a good Samaritan. The story gets told by a thousand different people, each time changing just a little, but each time becoming more epic (the microchu becomes an ochu, the ochu becomes ten ochus, the girl becomes a princess, and so-on). In the next age, he’s a hero. In the next, he’s a saint. In the next, he’s a god, smiting ochus with levinbolts from high atop a snowy peak. And what of those people who possess magic or technology that is beyond the comprehension of the commonfolk? Would they not appear as gods? And what about those powerful entities who fancy themselves as gods, and use people gullible enough to follow them to obtain what they desire (power, gold, etc.)? And what of the actual gods, who normally don’t give a hoot about the ants crawling about their realms, but will intervene when it amuses them? Hopefully the story in ARR will help categorize who falls into what slot.

I can mention why primals are referred to as primals, though. It is not because they are underdeveloped, younger deities, but because the beast tribes tend to believe that they were the ones who created them, the world, and everything. They are the primal forms of existence.

5. What happened to Atmos?

Thanks to the havoc wreaked on the planet’s aetherial flow by good old Dalamud (Bahamut) the rift between Hydaelyn and the void (which up until now had been small, and reserved to places like Dzemael Darkhold) grew extremely large in that turbulent period of time leading up to the Battle of Carteneau. This allowed far more, far larger, and far more powerful enemies a free pass into Eorzea—a hotbed of aetherial energy, also known as a voidsent’s favorite snack. Atomos was one of these creatures. So, what happened to him? That remains to be seen in ARR.

6. Do the dragons of Dravania worship a primal? And if so, who? Is it Nidhogg? Midgardsormr? Someone else?

Yoshi-p dropped a few bombs last week revealing that both Midgardsormr and Nidhogg were not primals, but dragon ‘kings.’ However, he also revealed that the dragons are a beast tribe...and that beast tribes have their own gods (primals)... So...

7. When did Eorzeans start using the Garlean term of "beastmen" that allowed it to become a perfectly acceptable term attracting absolutely no backlash by the time we start playing the game? And if this term could be so well engrained, why aren't we calling the primals "eikons" with equal willingness? It seems a bit of a contradiction.

It depends on who you ask. The people of Ul’dah, who have branded the beast tribes as an ultimate threat (as their presence infringes on profits) are more likely to side with the Empire’s take on the issue, and resort to racial epithets conveniently provided by the empire via propaganda (fliers from the sky, hired rabble rousers, etc). On the other hand, there are those (like Minfilia and others on the Path, or the Ashcrown Consortium) who seek peaceful relations with the tribes. These are more likely to use terms such as primal over eikon. And then there are those who float about in the middle, and simply haven’t given it much thought—kind of like my grandfather who probably wasn’t what I’d call a ‘racist,’ but ended up using terms (that we now deem racist) throughout his life just because that’s what the people around him used.

In conclusion (man, was this post a doozy!), remember that Eorzea is filled with misinformation. This can be expected in a semi-medieval world that lacks proper channels of communication. Most news is passed through a filter of individuals who mangle the original story, remembering only what pertains to them, and making up the rest. This is what makes searching for the truth fun. You have to sit back and sift through the dirt and rocks to find those nuggets of gold. Do you believe Urianger or the people who call him a liar? Do you believe that the Archons are avatars of the Twelve because a crazy girl with spriggan friends dreamt it was true? Battling the red herrings can be quite the challenge, but the reward for defeating them is always worth it.

Until next time!
Jump fail : http://youtu.be/lsi6fv2srpM?t=2m59s [+risas]

Esa parte de la catarata está muy bien :D

Hasta cuándo seguirán saltando como canguros en todos los videos de muestra? Hay sitios útiles de saltar y queda bien saltar obstáculos para ir más rápido... pero hay decenas de saltos en terreno llano
mimeh escribió:Super interesante post de un dev!

Greetings all! Grab a cup of Windurstian tea and pull up your chairs, because the lore train has arrived and is mixing metaphors faster than I can put a notch on the torch in my belt.

I’d like to start off by apologizing. Once for taking this long to reply (a perfect storm of Alpha Version translation, having to wait for the End of an Era trailer to be released, and sitting with my thumbs tied behind my back while waiting for the Lorelord to return from his journey deep into vacationland, kept me off the forums longer than I would have liked), and a second time for probably missing some of the questions buried in the 200+ posts found in the thread. Finally, I’ll apologize a third time because some of your questions, I was not given the clearance to answer. However, this doesn’t mean that you’ll never know the truth about these issues. It simply means, the answers are coming in 2.0, and Yoshi-P, the Lorelord, and his faithful minions don’t want to spill the beans before they can be properly planted in the oven.

Okay, but enough with what I didn’t/couldn’t/cannot do. Let’s get to what I can tell you. And I’m going to start at the beginning—the CG trailer for 1.0.

The Midlander male, Miqo’te female, and Elezen male you see in the 1.0 opening are a party simply looking to make some quick gil, so they do what most other parties (at the time of the original release) do—head to their local Adventurers’ Guild for some levequests. The three big questions here are:

1. When is this?
2. Where are they?

1. The answer to the first is, 1572 (close to Eorzean present day). This is backed by the fact that the three members have been blessed with the Echo (more on this further down). It was revealed in the main scenario that most adventurers with this gift received the power after witnessing a starshower—the same one you do at the game’s onset...which is defined as 1572.

Before I move onto question two, allow me to veer off onto a little tangent: there have been several threads about Hydaelyn’s timeline not matching up with Earth’s. If it has been two years since the release of the game, why is it still 1572 in Eorzea at the time of patch 1.23? This is a dilemma faced by a lot of MMOs. To allow everyone that joins the game, regardless of when they do, to experience the full story, there simply has to be a stoppage of time. Okay, not really a stoppage, but more of a time bubble in which a span of about a year is contained. This is why that for the duration of 1.0, Eorzea was in a perpetual 1572. Think of it as the same thing that’s happening in the Simpsons. 23 seasons gone and Lisa’s still 8, Maggie’s still a baby, and the gummy Venus still tastes oh, so sacrelicious. Pushing time along would also mean changing 1000s of lines of NPC dialogue, updating quests, webpages, etc. with every patch. Meaning it would take more than double the time to release updates, and I’m sure most people wouldn’t want to wait. In a book, movie, offline game, a strict timeline can be set without too many complications. In an online title, there are just too many variables, so we ask that you bear with our bending of space-time. It’s for the greater good!

Now back to business...

2. The answer to the second question is where we encounter our first main hiccup. Many have commented that the setting has to be Ishgard because no other Adventurers’ Guild has its own aetheryte. However, when looking closely at the guildleves that the Midlander brings back from the counter, we can see that the plates have Limsa Lominsa engraved in the frames, which can only mean that it was the thalassocracy that issued them. The reason behind the flub is fairly simple—the Visual Works team that designed the first opening movie began work on it far before the in-game layout of Limsa’s Adventurers’ Guild was finalized. By the time the map team had decided that the aetheryte was going in a separate plaza to help cut down on congestion of the Adventurers’ Guild, the CGI was too far along to change without setting the completion date back, and so they left it as-is. (This also explains the Miqo’te eye discrepancy. Nice catch, by the way!)

3. You guys hit the proverbial nail on its proverbial head in your speculation regarding what happens with the Midlander. As was stated above, all three have the power of the Echo, allowing them to experience the past, interact with it, but ultimately not change the outcome of anything important (the wind created by a battleaxe swing will not start a hurricane in Garlemald). While sifting through guildleves, our well-groomed Midlander is flung back into another person’s memory about a simple job to kill a morbol. The job ultimately takes an unexpected twist that ends in the party witnessing one of the most spectacular battles of the Sixth Astral Era.

The Midlander journeys back approximately 10 years and appears in a location near Mor Dhona. After helping a party (Lalafell female, Roegadyn male, Elezen female) finish their levequest objectives (slaying the morbol), an imperial juggernaut appears before they can access the aetherial node and collect their reward. The Midlander accidentally gets tossed onto the back of one of these machines, and gets carried up into the sky, where he witnesses the Garleans fight with the dragon Midgardsormr in the Battle of Silvertear Skies. Though the great dragon is able to destroy the Garlean flagship, he perishes in the process, and the seal which he protected (guarding the concentration of aether beneath Silvertear Lake) is broken, allowing the beast tribes access to this energy, which they use to freely summon their primals (as taught to them by the mysterious paragons). The Garleans, having lost their flagship and sensing the presence of something more powerful than their remaining forces can handle, retreat back to Ala Mhigo. Meanwhile, with the fall of the Keeper of the Lake, the aetherial balance in the area gets thrown out of whack, transforming the once lush area into a crystalline wasteland—Silvertear Falls now dried up.

Some have theorized that the Midlander takes over the body of a fourth party member, and witnesses what that person saw. While an interesting theory, this, unfortunately, is not how the Echo works. There may have been a fourth member around earlier, but he was gone by the time the Midlander arrived (probably returned to his home point after getting KO’d and accidentally dropping his bow). It is because the party of three keep watching the battle (from the ground) after defeating the morbol that the Midlander is able to experience it, albeit from a better vantage point. His experience ends when he gets knocked from the juggernaut and hits the ground (because you cannot die in an Echo-induced memory).

The Midlander is obviously intrigued by what he has experienced. Up until now, he’d never partied with anyone who could wield such powerful Blizzard magicks, and he’d sure as hells never partied with anyone who could hop up onto a morbol and whack it across the head. These animations simply do not exist! And so he decides right then and there that he will search out this party of three and add them to his linkshell, so that they may adventure together in the future.

Fast forward to the Battle of Carteneau. Several moons have passed since the Midlander located the party from the past. They have all pledged their allegiance to a Grand Company, learned of the Meteor project from Cid, heard the questionable prophecies of Urianger, collected colored eggs from thieving spriggans, unlocked new jobs in cleverly named quests, slain a trio of aether-hungry primals (okay, two aether-hungry primals and one super-cuddly primal), and bested a maniacal legatus. Along the way, they lose the services of one Elezen male, but this does not detract them from taking up their blades in one final battle to save the realm from Dalamud. They fight valiantly, but not even the prayers of a thousand thousand (that’s one million) souls can contain Bahamut’s rage, and so the Archon, Louisoix, sends the party into a timeless rift, where they wait until the realm is reborn.

So yes, the Midlander male, Miqo’te female, Roegadyn male, Elezen female, and Lalafell female in the recent trailers are in fact the same ones that appeared in the 1.0 trailer! (Yes, the black mage is the Elezen female from the morbol party, not the snooty male from the Midlander’s party. The robe & hat conceal some of her more distinguishing features, and we all know there was no bust size adjustment feature back in 1.0).

But that still leaves one question—was the party an actual party, or were they merely symbols meant to represent you, the players? Well, you can breathe easy knowing they are both. They all ventured into Eorzea at the same time as you did. They all did similar quests, and lived through similar adventures. They exist as your characters exist (in a virtual world-sort of existence). The fact that you haven’t come across them is probably the same reason you haven’t come across my character, Amanda Hugginkyss (or maybe you have? /wink). They’re just somewhere else. Though, maybe you’ll stumble across their party in the future. Or maybe you won’t. How’s that for committing to an answer?

Okay, so for the most part, you guys had pretty much figured out what was going on through discussion. However, like a salmon laying all her eggs in one basket, the thread spawned a roe-bust cornucopia of new queries (okay, I’ll stop now...really).

1. The beast tribes have their primals, so what about the 5 races? Do they have their own? Is it Siren? It’s Siren, right? It doesn’t matter if you tell me it’s not Siren, I know it’s Siren. (Please tell me it’s Siren...)

This is a touchy subject. I can tell you that you’ve done a remarkable job of picking up a lot of the subtle hints that were dropped in the 1.0 story (the Ifrit diatribe being an excellent example), but the story was served to you incomplete (in addition to being served over a period of two years), and so you’ve been left to fill in the blanks yourselves. This has lead to a lot of unnecessary confusion, and fixing this for ARR has been one of the main things that Yoshi-P has been preaching to the new quest team. In other words, release more info, with fewer gaps in-between, so that players can better follow the story. So what we’ll see happen in ARR is an influx of quests that try to paint a better picture of what was going on in 1.0. That means, for info regarding this ‘another’ of which Ifrit speaks and the ‘paragons’ who supposedly taught the beast tribes how to summon the primals, you’ll have to wait until ARR begins.

What I have been allowed to say is, the Sanguine Sirens are different from the sirens which are mentioned in the blacksmith/armorer class quests, and both are different from Siren of Final Fantasies past (who has not been mentioned in-game). And then there's the provisional artwork that was recently released...

So wait, does this mean there is no Siren primal? Well, that remains to be seen.

No, that is not Leviathan. It’s a sea serpent. This is explained (somewhat convolutedly) in the Limsa Lominsa storyline. The sahagins do still worship Leviathan, and he being their primal, it is only a matter of time before the fishbacks summon him to wreak some havoc on the thalassocracy.

But! But! In It Kills with Fire it is mentioned that the Company of Heroes slew Leviathan! Yes, the CoH did slay him, and have been doing primal raids ever since they started appearing. But as you all found out fighting Ifrit and Garuda, defeating a primal doesn’t mean the primal is dead. You’ve only caused the beast tribes to waste some of their precious crystal supplies in summoning the primal again.

ARR will feature more on these guys, so for now you’ll have to be content with knowing there’s more to know... Anonymoose made a good point in bringing up that Ascian means ‘shadowless’. Perhaps you might find something interesting if you go back through the 1.0 cutscenes and look for people without shadows...

4. Do the Twelve exist? Are the Archons from the Circle of Knowing actually the Twelve? Are the primals and the Twelve one in the same (er, twelve in the same)?

More info on the gods of Eorzea and how both the Twelve and the primal fit into the whole celestial scheme of things will be revealed in ARR, but even then things will remain hazy. I mean, it’s religion. It’s hazy by design. In one age, a guy who single-handedly kills a microchu to save a girl is a good Samaritan. The story gets told by a thousand different people, each time changing just a little, but each time becoming more epic (the microchu becomes an ochu, the ochu becomes ten ochus, the girl becomes a princess, and so-on). In the next age, he’s a hero. In the next, he’s a saint. In the next, he’s a god, smiting ochus with levinbolts from high atop a snowy peak. And what of those people who possess magic or technology that is beyond the comprehension of the commonfolk? Would they not appear as gods? And what about those powerful entities who fancy themselves as gods, and use people gullible enough to follow them to obtain what they desire (power, gold, etc.)? And what of the actual gods, who normally don’t give a hoot about the ants crawling about their realms, but will intervene when it amuses them? Hopefully the story in ARR will help categorize who falls into what slot.

I can mention why primals are referred to as primals, though. It is not because they are underdeveloped, younger deities, but because the beast tribes tend to believe that they were the ones who created them, the world, and everything. They are the primal forms of existence.

Thanks to the havoc wreaked on the planet’s aetherial flow by good old Dalamud (Bahamut) the rift between Hydaelyn and the void (which up until now had been small, and reserved to places like Dzemael Darkhold) grew extremely large in that turbulent period of time leading up to the Battle of Carteneau. This allowed far more, far larger, and far more powerful enemies a free pass into Eorzea—a hotbed of aetherial energy, also known as a voidsent’s favorite snack. Atomos was one of these creatures. So, what happened to him? That remains to be seen in ARR.

6. Do the dragons of Dravania worship a primal? And if so, who? Is it Nidhogg? Midgardsormr? Someone else?

Yoshi-p dropped a few bombs last week revealing that both Midgardsormr and Nidhogg were not primals, but dragon ‘kings.’ However, he also revealed that the dragons are a beast tribe...and that beast tribes have their own gods (primals)... So...

7. When did Eorzeans start using the Garlean term of "beastmen" that allowed it to become a perfectly acceptable term attracting absolutely no backlash by the time we start playing the game? And if this term could be so well engrained, why aren't we calling the primals "eikons" with equal willingness? It seems a bit of a contradiction.

It depends on who you ask. The people of Ul’dah, who have branded the beast tribes as an ultimate threat (as their presence infringes on profits) are more likely to side with the Empire’s take on the issue, and resort to racial epithets conveniently provided by the empire via propaganda (fliers from the sky, hired rabble rousers, etc). On the other hand, there are those (like Minfilia and others on the Path, or the Ashcrown Consortium) who seek peaceful relations with the tribes. These are more likely to use terms such as primal over eikon. And then there are those who float about in the middle, and simply haven’t given it much thought—kind of like my grandfather who probably wasn’t what I’d call a ‘racist,’ but ended up using terms (that we now deem racist) throughout his life just because that’s what the people around him used.

In conclusion (man, was this post a doozy!), remember that Eorzea is filled with misinformation. This can be expected in a semi-medieval world that lacks proper channels of communication. Most news is passed through a filter of individuals who mangle the original story, remembering only what pertains to them, and making up the rest. This is what makes searching for the truth fun. You have to sit back and sift through the dirt and rocks to find those nuggets of gold. Do you believe Urianger or the people who call him a liar? Do you believe that the Archons are avatars of the Twelve because a crazy girl with spriggan friends dreamt it was true? Battling the red herrings can be quite the challenge, but the reward for defeating them is always worth it.

Until next time!

Joder casi me quedo ciego leyendolo xD

Una cosa que no me queda clara. Que pasa con el elvan de la intro (el tio, no la que lucha con el molbol)? Es que creo que lo he leido, pero no me apetece volver atras con ese pedazo de texto xDDD
Tekan escribió:Jump fail : http://youtu.be/lsi6fv2srpM?t=2m59s [+risas]

Hasta cuándo seguirán saltando como canguros en todos los videos de muestra? Hay sitios útiles de saltar y queda bien saltar obstáculos para ir más rápido... pero hay decenas de saltos en terreno llano

Yo lo de los saltos me lo tomo más como un "no queríais salto? pues toma salto, a ver si lo aborrecéis y dejáis de pedir gilipolleces", me parece absurdo pasarse el vídeo saltando pero no me molesta.

Lo que me molesta enormemente es el movimiento del pj, que gire la cámara en vez del pj y este gire sobre sí mismo. En juegos en primera persona pues todavía, pero en tercera persona me produce una sensación horriblemente mala. Me duele a los ojos o al cerebro o algo. Dicen que es un fenómeno conocido como "valle inquietante", que cuando un robot o personaje parece muy realista pero hace un movimiento irreal provoca rechazo. No sé, en otros juegos con ese sistema no me molesta en absoluto y en este sí. Será que de tanto ver los pjs del XIV con movimiento realista me choca más el cambio ahora.

Zaguer escribió:
mimeh escribió:Super interesante post de un dev!

1. When is this?
2. Where are they?

Now back to business...

Until next time!

Joder casi me quedo ciego leyendolo xD

Una cosa que no me queda clara. Que pasa con el elvan de la intro (el tio, no la que lucha con el molbol)? Es que creo que lo he leido, pero no me apetece volver atras con ese pedazo de texto xDDD

A ver, el prota está con una gata y un elfo al empezar el juego, ve con el echo a la otra party (lala, galka y elfa) y los busca. Al final terminan juntos todos menos el elfo. Posiblemente era un saltajuegos y se fue a otro MMO. O se mudó a otro server. O se subió el job al 50 y lo dejó porque ya se había "pasado el juego".
Vale, osea que nada del Elfo. No me importa, era un poco gay.

A mi el video me parece brutal, por fin me parece una interfaz digna, el mapa va fluido etc.

El movimiento... preferia mas el de la 1.0 tambien, pero este no esta mal, estoy seguro que lo hace mas dinamico.
Zaguer escribió:Vale, osea que nada del Elfo. No me importa, era un poco gay.

A mi el video me parece brutal, por fin me parece una interfaz digna, el mapa va fluido etc.

El movimiento... preferia mas el de la 1.0 tambien, pero este no esta mal, estoy seguro que lo hace mas dinamico.

El problema que yo le veo (aparte del hecho de que me de urticaria cada vez que lo veo) es que es un movimiento típico de teclado y ratón, para moverse así con mando irías andando de espaldas o de lado a todos sitios. Es lo único que quiero probar por mí misma en la alpha / beta porque eso no lo puedo ver en los gameplays filtrados de los japos, no sé con qué está jugando el japo. Me parece muy raro que jodan el control por mando a la vez que preparan la versión PS3. Lo dicho, ya opinaré cuando pueda probarlo.
Lo de que la camara gire anclada al personaje y lo de andar hacia atrás yo espero que sea algo de la alpha o la beta como mucho, nunca tuvieron ese "error" y me extraña que ahora que quieren sacar una versión mejor dejen eso así.
Imagínate para kitear un mob y no poder girar la cámara para verlo detrás de ti si pierdes el claim o algo, o kiteas haciendo el moonwalk o directamente sin ver, es tan exagerado que da que pensar que lo "arreglarán" seguro
Tekan escribió:Lo de que la camara gire anclada al personaje y lo de andar hacia atrás yo espero que sea algo de la alpha o la beta como mucho, nunca tuvieron ese "error" y me extraña que ahora que quieren sacar una versión mejor dejen eso así.
Imagínate para kitear un mob y no poder girar la cámara para verlo detrás de ti si pierdes el claim o algo, o kiteas haciendo el moonwalk o directamente sin ver, es tan exagerado que es algo que "arreglarán" seguro

Yo es que no estoy seguro que lo tengan en su lista de fallos.

Como dice mimeh esto es algo muy tipico en los mmorpg exclusivos de teclado y ratón. No me extrañaria que esté hecho así aposta.

También coincido con ella en que con mando esto sería algo bastante extraño. No se como quedará al final.
Genial... ya empezamos con cosas raras...

Q no hombre! en los vídeos de la Alpha saltan mucho y ponen cámaras y movimientos raros para no hypearnos demasiado si tenemos q esperar hasta verano. En el fondo lo hacen por nuestro bien y no tengamos q tomar diazepam. xD
Zaguer escribió:
Tekan escribió:Lo de que la camara gire anclada al personaje y lo de andar hacia atrás yo espero que sea algo de la alpha o la beta como mucho, nunca tuvieron ese "error" y me extraña que ahora que quieren sacar una versión mejor dejen eso así.
Imagínate para kitear un mob y no poder girar la cámara para verlo detrás de ti si pierdes el claim o algo, o kiteas haciendo el moonwalk o directamente sin ver, es tan exagerado que es algo que "arreglarán" seguro

Yo es que no estoy seguro que lo tengan en su lista de fallos.

Como dice mimeh esto es algo muy tipico en los mmorpg exclusivos de teclado y ratón. No me extrañaria que esté hecho así aposta.

También coincido con ella en que con mando esto sería algo bastante extraño. No se como quedará al final.

Emm y no sera lo mas probable que este la opción de enfocar siempre al personaje o manejar la cámara con el stick derecho?
en los foros oficiales también hay bastantes quejas sobre el giro del personaje y demás, así que es probable que le echen mano al asunto.

Ah!! se ha confirmado que los BRD usaran un instrumento cada vez que toquen una canción.
Memories of Eorzea Contest Winners! (NA) (infinitamente mejores)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/58265

Memories of Eorzea Contest Winners! (EU)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/thre ... !-%28EU%29

Tongo!!!, hasta la gente de EOL tenía mejores fotos (los que las mandaron bien , que había algunas sin la resolución que pedían)

EDIT: tampoco cumplen la proporción las que ganaron.... ni respetan sus propias bases (aunque ahora sean de relativa interpretación) [+risas]
mimeh escribió:Lo que me molesta enormemente es el movimiento del pj, que gire la cámara en vez del pj y este gire sobre sí mismo. En juegos en primera persona pues todavía, pero en tercera persona me produce una sensación horriblemente mala. Me duele a los ojos o al cerebro o algo. Dicen que es un fenómeno conocido como "valle inquietante", que cuando un robot o personaje parece muy realista pero hace un movimiento irreal provoca rechazo. No sé, en otros juegos con ese sistema no me molesta en absoluto y en este sí. Será que de tanto ver los pjs del XIV con movimiento realista me choca más el cambio ahora.

Qué tendrá que ver el uncanny valley con la opción de que el personaje y la cámara se muevan a la vez, ese efecto nunca puede referirse a movimientos de cámara, por dios.
Y eso, que vale que en los vídeos no puedes hacer nada, pero tampoco es para tirarse de los pelos por ello porque es una opción, cuando juegues tú ya lo pones que no se mueva la cámara para estar siempre detrás del personaje y ale, tan contentos. Qué lo han dicho, y se ha visto en algún vídeo, osea que no es que no esté implementado aún siquiera... que vale que la gente se raya mil preguntando eso en foros, pero también preguntando si será f2p, eso no quiere decir que no se sepa.
Que todas las pegas tengan tan fácil arreglo.
Top 3 de preguntas repetidas respondidas

Sera F2P?
Vendrá en español?
La cámara...

Las fotos del concurso NA están bastante mejor que las del EU, si. Debe ser que las han elegido teniendo en cuenta nuestros "supuestos" gustos diferentes al de los americanos, mira como cambian las caratulas de los juegos de EEUU a EU porque parece ser que tienen en cuenta los gustos de cada región, y muchas veces llega aquí mas feas que en EEUU pero nos las tenemos que comer, porque parece que nos gustan mas de esa manera D: en fin... clichés, estamos etiquetados de por vida sin solución, parece.
ola se save si vendra en español y si es gratis? por sierto e visto algunos videos y la camara se ve un poco raro no creen?
Almenos ahora nos evitamos la de: No se puede saltar?
Zaguer escribió:Almenos ahora nos evitamos la de: No se puede saltar?

Pero a cambio tenemos la de "por qué no paran de saltar?". Las preguntas son una constante, como la energía: ni se crean ni se destruyen, se transforman!
Deedlit27 escribió:ola se save si vendra en español y si es gratis? por sierto e visto algunos videos y la camara se ve un poco raro no creen?

[qmparto]
Yo ya me compré un nuevo mando con turbo para llevar el botón de salto constántemente en uso y no desentonar.
No hace ni 2 semanas que dijeron que pueden incluir nuevos idiomas, así que la pregunta de que si estará en español puede volver a aflorar [+risas]

Dudas:
Qué va a pasar con los servers?
Cambiarán el horroroso sistema de que la gente puede pegar a los mobs aunque no tenga el claim?
"Arreglarán" el hate de party? (Ejemplo: vas en party con otro, el otro le pega a un cangrejo pero tú no le haces nada y ni siquiera te ve/escucha >>> cangrejo a muerte a por ti)
Tekan escribió:Memories of Eorzea Contest Winners! (NA) (infinitamente mejores)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/58265

Memories of Eorzea Contest Winners! (EU)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/thre ... !-%28EU%29

Tongo!!!, hasta la gente de EOL tenía mejores fotos (los que las mandaron bien , que había algunas sin la resolución que pedían)

EDIT: tampoco cumplen la proporción las que ganaron.... ni respetan sus propias bases (aunque ahora sean de relativa interpretación) [+risas]

Deben ser distintos jueces porque son estilos muy diferentes las ganadoras de USA y las de EUR. En el hilo de EUR había muchas muy parecidas a las ganadoras del USA y no ha ganado ni una. Y lo de las normas pues creo que solo hay uno o dos ganadores que las han cumplido :-|

Aku escribió:
mimeh escribió:Lo que me molesta enormemente es el movimiento del pj, que gire la cámara en vez del pj y este gire sobre sí mismo. En juegos en primera persona pues todavía, pero en tercera persona me produce una sensación horriblemente mala. Me duele a los ojos o al cerebro o algo. Dicen que es un fenómeno conocido como "valle inquietante", que cuando un robot o personaje parece muy realista pero hace un movimiento irreal provoca rechazo. No sé, en otros juegos con ese sistema no me molesta en absoluto y en este sí. Será que de tanto ver los pjs del XIV con movimiento realista me choca más el cambio ahora.

Qué tendrá que ver el uncanny valley con la opción de que el personaje y la cámara se muevan a la vez, ese efecto nunca puede referirse a movimientos de cámara, por dios.
Y eso, que vale que en los vídeos no puedes hacer nada, pero tampoco es para tirarse de los pelos por ello porque es una opción, cuando juegues tú ya lo pones que no se mueva la cámara para estar siempre detrás del personaje y ale, tan contentos. Qué lo han dicho, y se ha visto en algún vídeo, osea que no es que no esté implementado aún siquiera... que vale que la gente se raya mil preguntando eso en foros, pero también preguntando si será f2p, eso no quiere decir que no se sepa.
Que todas las pegas tengan tan fácil arreglo.

No es el movimiento de cámara lo que me resulta molesto sino el del personaje, giras la cámara y el mundo se mueve como es lógico, pero el personaje se gira sin moverse. Claro que es aplicable el uncanny valley, a quién no le parecería raro que un humanoide de pronto gire sobre sí mismo sin moverse? Da miedo.

De momento en ningún vídeo de la alpha (ni oficial ni filtrado) he visto la opción de poner que el personaje camine como en la 1.0 (o cualquier JRPG normal). Es decir, que si mueves el analógico izquierdo hacia abajo (o pulsas abajo en el teclado) el personaje se gire y camine hacia la pantalla en vez de caminar de espaldas. De todas formas aun así si el personaje se gira flotando sin moverse (tanto el tuyo propio como el de los otros jugadores) pues sigue dando mal rollo igual. Por eso digo que es lo único que me interesa probar en la alpha / beta.

Tekan escribió:Yo ya me compré un nuevo mando con turbo para llevar el botón de salto constántemente en uso para no desentonar.
No hace ni 2 semanas que dijeron que pueden incluir nuevos idiomas, así que la pregunta de que si estará en español puede volver a aflorar [+risas]

Dudas:
Qué va a pasar con los servers?
Qué va a pasar con el horroroso sistema de que la gente puede pegar aunque no tenga el claim?
"Arreglarán" el hate de party? (Ejemplo: vas en party con otro, el otro le pega a un cangrejo pero tú no le haces nada y ni siquiera te ve/escucha >>> cangrejo a muerte a por ti)

No se sabe.
No se sabe.
No se sabe.

De nada, me alegra haberte ayudado con las dudas [qmparto]
Lo de las fotos europeas es un crimen se mire por donde se mire, si haces una selección random en el post del concurso encuentras mejores por todos lados
Yo pensaba que en el WOW era asi, pero recordando me he dado cuenta de que no, el personaje tiene animación para girar.
Como hasta el verano por lo menos no llegará la 2.0 he pensado volver al FFXI.

Hace 6 años que no lo juego y como ni me acuerdo del usuario ni de la contraseña que tenía he decidido empezar un nuevo pj desde el principio.
¿Alguno de vosotros sigue jugando? ¿Sigue existiendo el server Ragnarok? ¿Sigue habiendo una gran comunidad o el juego se ha "desertizado" mucho?
Deedlit27 escribió:Como hasta el verano por lo menos no llegará la 2.0 he pensado volver al FFXI.

Hace 6 años que no lo juego y como ni me acuerdo del usuario ni de la contraseña que tenía he decidido empezar un nuevo pj desde el principio.
¿Alguno de vosotros sigue jugando? ¿Sigue existiendo el server Ragnarok? ¿Sigue habiendo una gran comunidad o el juego se ha "desertizado" mucho?

lol you crazy !!

Ragnarok sigue en pie, hace cosa de un año(quiza más) fusionaron otro server en él, asi que, sigue teniendo mucha comunidad y no solo de extrangeros, tambien hay bastantes españoles. Suerte!
Un par de entrevistas de japon:

Soukyuu escribió:4gamer interview: This one had some common points with the Dengeki one, so I left them out. They fooled my with their "it's only 2 pages"-format... It was much longer than Dengeki's 5 page interview lol. Blue = my comments

Please refrain from posting comments here, this thread is meant for translations
Story
Main story will introduce a character related to Louisiox
Why Bahamut was sealed is related to the Crystal Tower
There will be no need to know the 1.0 story, as everything will be explained in ARR
Concept art of items obtainable in the Great Labyrinth of Bahamut [click]
Name changes
Changing char name is possible technically
This will mean your friend list [and probably LS membership] will be lost, though
They are worried about people mistyping their char name, since it's a one-time opportunity and there is no confirmation dialogue on char creation, so they are asking to be careful about it
HE NEVER SAID "YES" DIRECTLY! WAIT FOR AN OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION!
Character customization
Bust sizes vary by races, for example Roegardyn will have bigger sizes than sunseeker, moonkeeper coming after it. [Hyur/Elezen not mentioned]
Bust physics will be kept as modest as possible
Other char model movements involve Miqo'te ears & tail, as well as Elezen/Lalafell ears.
For miqo'te tails, there will be 5 tail types, ranging from more lion-like movement to more cat-like movement [Yay~]
Barber NPC will make you do a quest that will allow you to change your hairstyle, it's color as well as facepaint. Not face/body proportions though.
FATE
Definition of NM as "mosters that suddenly make the otherwise safe environment dangerous"
Rewards are decided based not on party, but individual performance
All players treated as "one large party" [so basically you just get flagged as "near enough to be evaluated for a reward, which also level-synchs you to the event level]
Level sync only works one-way: if you're above content level, you will be de-levelled, if you're below content level, nothing happens.
Other FATE types:
village/city invasion (example: bandits/thieves)
chocobo escort
No limit on how many people can participate in a FATE
They are thinking about a system that automatically creates an instance and moves the half of the people to a new one should the number of people reach a certain number
While this system is technologically possible, the cost is high, so they are planning to monitor the events in alpha&beta to decide if it's really needed.
Housing
To be able to afford an M-Sized house, three players would have to level to 50 by clearing all quests and combine the gil theay earned from that. Apparently, that would take about 50 hours.
The housing system is comparable to Dragon Quest X
Land and House prices are separate
Land starts expensive, but if it's not bought, the price will start to drop
There are only 3 L-sized patches of land per instance
Apparently, once we will see the amount of gil needed to buy an L-sized patch of land, we will recoil in horror.
Since the price will be falling with time, he wants us to worry about when the right timing to buy it will be
Retainers will be placed in our homes
You can buy from them there, or alternatively from the board [probably our current marketplace system]
Free Company
Free company ranking and "earning reputation from a GC" is just a setting they thought of for the roleplaying community. Non-RPing players won't really have to pay attention to that.
Example of perks for taking the top position in a GC ranking: That GC NPC will greet members of that FC with more respect, saluting once you approach them.
Marriage System
For bonuses for getting married, they are only thinking of simple things like using the wedding ring to teleport to your partner. No bonuses in battle, else it will just lead to fake marriages
To be able to marry, you will have to clear a quest with your partner
Mounts
Only chocobo will be fighting by your side, others are for riding only
When you level up, your chocobo levels up with you
There are plans to make the magitech armor customizable [think mecha parts]
Magitech armor will somehow be connected to the story, he said they prepared an episode that will make us sit there grinning
Using in in PvE/PvP is possible, but they currently have no plans for it
PvE/PvP Balancing
They're carefully balancing damage and status effects between those two [seems like the rulesets are NOT separated after all.]
Some kind of "item level" will be introduced which describes the usefullness of your equip. Not only the DPS but also the status effects is taken in account, so that we can go away from "if you're not keeping up your DPS, you're useless"-mindset
Items/Equip
Inventory limited, but banks will have larger capacity
Vanity items still class restricted (no heavy armor mages)
In PvP, vanity will be disabled, so you won't be able to trick people with it
FATE rewards will contain vanity items among others
New Races
Reason why he is torn between Viera and something more brute-ish like a reptile is because Viera are too close to humans and he wanted to introduce something more beast-like. Also, Viera has only appeared as female so far... and he doesn't want to have a gender-locked race... [read: do you seriously want to see bunnyGUYS?!]
He is also worried about crossing a certain line after which it will become hard to distinguish between PCs and NPCs/Monsters
Alpha
currently, zone servers can handle up to 700 players with about 300 battles taking place in one zone and all the AI running
servers start to lag extremely @800 players in one zone, with about 380 battles taking place
they plan to increase that to 1000 players per zone
Beta
PvP will be available for testing
They are thinking of people with alpha invites to be brought to phase1 beta too, but it's not set in stone yet.
The dev team is practicing PvP matches already, meaning we get to fight them
Game content
normal quests soloable
dungeons and raids require a party
normal mode clearable when forming one via content finder
hard mode is only clearable if you have people with experience working together [implying you CAN try to clear it by auto-matching, but you'll need a lot of luck]
content may be hard at first, but if for example a patch introduces some new content that gives you a nice item, it will raise your "item level", making clearing previous content easier.

Originally Posted by HiirNoivl
I think Yoshi is referring more to the "unused registration codes". But I don't read enough Japanese.
He just said "registration codes" so idk.

Soukyuu escribió:Gamer interview summary
Not much new in this one, so I've included some of Yoshida's talk that doesn't really count as new information.
Alpha
Aiming for 5000 players per server, 1000 players in one zone lagless
Two approaches to zone congestion
Display a message "too many players in zone, entry denied"
Spawn instances of a zone to allow for more players
still testing which one to take, as 1000 players in a zone is rarely happening naturally
alpha is planned to continue till the second week of December
they actually already have enough data from the stress tests and also enough feedback to be used for beta
letting us into the alpha is only to test how far the performance will degrade because of the distance to the servers as well as to perform stability tests over extended periods of time (servers running 24/7)
login counts are not falling, the devs have been telling Yoshida-san that "it's because YOU log in all the time!"
he's very happy to be able to talk to players directly and already had numerous discussions [I hope we don't scare him away if he attempts to do the same with us... seeing how our "discussions" usually go]
Mounts
Apparently, the sprint ability introduced in alpha makes mounts seem slower
All mounts have the same speed
Misc
Starting city is fixed depending on your first job, but once you reach the quest to go to another 2 cities, you can freely chose which city's quests you want to do first.
Legacy characters will start at a different place, the one where the hero party drops from the void. [I'm reading it as legacy = created before end of the era, not legacy = created on a legacy account, but I'm not sure]
Legacy characters will still be able to take all the quests just like non-legacy players, he says to think of it as a "stronger new game" [i think he means kinda like you can start a new game but keep all the items in some RPGs]
Arcanist will be available at release, Summoner could make it too, but there seem to be delays on the battle side of things, so it might not make it.
Wedding quest involves exchanging the rings at some point.
After you get your ring, you can get married.
Beta content not yet finalized, but he plans to include all the core story
Arcanist's "hitting with a book"-animation is being worked on, he plans to show it the next LIVE letter, if possible
No plans to novelize FFXIV's story, nor release some goods for now. Not until after release, when the community has grown and the game is successful enough for such investments to be worth it.
There might be an offline event where players will be able to fight against the dev team, he's thinking about doing it about half a year after ARR release if the game is successful. [I hope they will still do online events too, else people outside Japan are left out again...]

Originally Posted by Evangelus
other news from gamewatch : http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...23_574630.html

there is some information about regional server in this gamewatch news
HOLY... That's the second part of that long interview you posted before...

Originally Posted by Reinheart
Looks like Soukyuu doing them so that's good, arigato~~

I'll try check back later tonight but right now pretty tied up with all kinds of preps for thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving 2 all
You're welcome, after reading so many of your translations, I thought I should get off my lazy ass and do some translating practice too...

It would be great if you could translate that gamewatch interview, I don't think it will contain more info than those three I already translated, but you're more proficient in Japanese than me, so you could translate with more details and probably much faster than me. I still have to check too many kanji to be able to read anything...

If you start translating it, please leave a message so we don't end up doing double work ^^

Happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it, I'm off to bed.

Os dejo los enlaces que se lee bastante mejor:

Edito otra vez, info sobre la alfa:

EU_Community_Team escribió:Global Alpha Test Start Date
Greetings adventurers,

We're pleased to announce that the next phase of the A Realm Reborn Alpha Test is tentatively scheduled to start on Wednesday, November 28.
This phase will be adding in users from all regions (JP/NA/EU), and tester selection notifications will begin being sent out on November 26th.
Be sure to keep an eye on your email!

Just one more reminder... Don't forget about the confidentiality agreement regarding the Alpha Test (as referenced in this post).
Land and House prices are separate
Land starts expensive, but if it's not bought, the price will start to drop

Especulación inmobiliaria online...
Espero que la gente que ahorró en el juego normal ahora no sea tonta de llegar y soltar la pasta, para que 1 o 2 parches después lo pongan regalado a los nuevos o los que jugaron poco, que la economía y el XIV , así como conseguir items buenos es siempre igual y nos conocemos bien (lo difícil pasa a ser fácil y lo bueno pasa a ser mediocre en meses EJ: pasarse dzemael darkhold y sus drops).

When you level up, your chocobo levels up with you

Genial para los que ya tienen trillones de jobs subidos, menos mal que meten algo nuevo porque sino ya ni podrían subir... Y habrá gente que solo suba un job nuevo por poder subir el chocobo [+risas]

Pero lo dicho... entrevista = -50 de fiabilidad , y con mucho tiempo para pensarse otras cosas distintas a lo que tienen planeado , más todavía.
Espero que si a alguno de vosotros os toca un acceso a la alpha os paséis la confidencialidad por el arco del triunfo y comentéis cositas por aquí [+risas]
Deedlit27 escribió:Espero que si a alguno de vosotros os toca un acceso a la alpha os paséis la confidencialidad por el arco del triunfo y comentéis cositas por aquí [+risas]

Confidequé? [carcajad]

He visto ya más cosas de la alpha que Yoshida [carcajad]
Deedlit27 escribió:Espero que si a alguno de vosotros os toca un acceso a la alpha os paséis la confidencialidad por el arco del triunfo y comentéis cositas por aquí [+risas]

Recomiendo usar "multicuenta" o citar medios externos para postear y evitar denuncias dado el caso
38630 respuestas